Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Mid-Week Balance



Inspired by fantastic examples of at Nourishing the Soul and Medical Marzipan, I'm going to add a new section to the blog. On Wednesdays, I'm going to be offering up my favorite posts of the past week. I hope you enjoy the cross-section of amazing thinking that's out there!

"I Just Want to Be Sad, Okay?"--It seems appropriate that one of Ashley's thought-provoking articles from Nourishing the Soul makes my first list. She provides a challenging invitation reconsider the cultural imperative to try to be "always happy."

"Give Your Body a Vacation"--Mara from Medical Marzipan asks the question: what would a vacation for your body look like? Read the article--I'd love to know what your body vacation looks like.

"Am I Desensitized by Body Image News?"
--Kendra at Voice in Recovery is routinely a powerful advocate of self-care and health. In this week's post, she asks us to think about how we may contribute to the barrage of negative body image messages by our own self-talk.

"Don't Live in Default Mode"--At Living the Balanced Life, Bernice Wood invites us to assess whether we're stuck in unproductive patterns.

"Self-Compassion: An Antidote to Negative Body Image"--At The Body and the Brood, Dana provides a thoughtful remedy for the negativity that Kendra challenged in her post.


I hope that this roundup of thoughts from talented, inspiring women helps your Wednesday feel like the launch-pad for a strong finish to the week.